Oct 15, 2010
NASR Licensing Delays
To NASR Stakeholders
As many of you are aware, NASR has experienced difficulty with issuing licences in a timely manner this season. There are a number of circumstances which have contributed to this including so many taking up the early bird discount offer, which inundated the office with thousands of applications within only a few days. There are many things we are doing at our end to address this, such as hiring more temporary staff to deal with the backlog, and also the proposal below.
To assist with those who are waiting, we will be implementing the following.
- Any 2009/2010 NASR licence holder, who has sent their application in to the NASR office for the 2010/2011 season, but has not yet received their licence, will have their 2009/2010 licence extended until November 30th 2010. This includes the usual insurance cover and all benefits of being a NASR licence holder during this period.
- All tracks and relevant National and State bodies will be provided with an up to date list each week of those applicants who have sent their forms in to the NASR office, but are yet to receive their licences cards.
What conditions apply?
- The NASR office must have received the forms from the applicant for the 2010/2011 season and these are correct, including the necessary medical statements and full payment. We will notify the applicant immediately if this is not the case to give them the opportunity to rectify any issues.
- A licence holder must have paid their club fees.
What does a licence holder need to do when they get to the speedway venue?
- Show your 2009/2010 licence to gain entry. The speedway venue will have your name on a list and this will allow them to identify who you are.
- If you do not have your NASR licence from 2009/2010, then you will need to provide identification at the speedway venue. If you are on the list at that venue then you will be granted access to compete.
New licence holders or those not licensed in 2009/2010 or upgrading your licence category.
- If you fall into this category, please contact the NASR office so we can assist.
This begins the week commencing Monday 18th October and concludes November 30th 2010.
As per every season, NASR will evaluate the process and procedures in order to make the following year more effective and to predict anything that may impede the process as has occurred this year.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, and we will continue to work tirelessly to get all licences out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Subscribe here to receive our FREE monthly eNews Updates!